Problem = Hotels, apartments, hospitals, and dorm rooms are common bed bugs homes. Although they are not known to spread diseases, they are a big nuisance. Bed Bugs are resistant to many different types of products, so a diversified approach is required.
Solutions = Sprays, dusts, and/or steam
The first step of bed bug treatment is preparation on your part. Before Leader Pest arrives for treatment, we recommend the following:
- Strip the beds and launder all sheets, pillowcases, mattress pads, and blankets.
- Remove everything from bedroom closets and place in sealed plastic bags.
- Remove everything from dresser drawers, nightstands, and dressing tables, and place in sealed plastic bags.
- Have all clothing and fabrics laundered (hot wash/ hot dryer cycle) or dry-cleaned.
- Remove drapes and have them laundered, dry-cleaned, or replaced.
- Discard cardboard boxes, shoe-boxes, paper and plastic bags, old newspapers, stacks of magazines, and similar items in all potentially infested rooms.
- Vacuum all infested rooms, including the floor, mattresses, bed springs, couches, chairs, closets and closet shelves, shoes, inside dresser drawers and bedside drawers. Vacuum bags are to be placed in a sealed plastic bag and discarded outside. Do not reuse plastic bags.
- All loose items that not discarded should be placed in a sealed bag in the infested room for inspection and treatment.